The city does not address neighbor disputes or similar civil matters.
Filing a Municipal Code Violation Complaint
Complaints are filed with the city using one of the following methods:
- In person at Imperial Beach City Hall, Community Development counter during city business hours Monday through Thursday 7:30am to 5:30pm.
- Online 24/7 using the form on the city website.
- Via email to an Imperial Beach Code Compliance Officer.
- Via US mail to an Imperial Beach Code Compliance Officer at the City of Imperial Beach, Community Development Department, Code Compliance Division, 825 Imperial Beach Blvd, Imperial Beach, CA 91932.
- Complete contact information for the reporting party.
- Address of the violation
- Date and time of occurrence (if the violation is not ongoing)
- Details specific to the violation.
- What action the reporting party has taken with the violating property to address the concern.
Anonymous complaints are not accepted by the city. Any complaint received by the city without reporting party information will be deemed unfounded and not pursued.